Description of electrical department services in EPC projects:
– Preliminary and detailed engineering service.
– Procurement engineering services.
– Technical inspection services.
– Estimating electrical charges of lighting and socket systems.
– Preparation of load list based on the electrical charges’ summation.
– Preparing “Overall Single Line Diagram” for projects based on the load list.
– Approximate estimation of required space for electrical posts and rooms.
– Approximate designation of room and electrical posts layout in plot plan.
– Cable list preparation.
– Design criteria preparation.
– Design of buildings’ electrical facilities.
– Precedence diagram.
– Preparing “Single Line Diagram” drawings for electricity distribution boards of engines and equipment (Distribution Panels and MCCs).
– Modelling “Overall Single Line Diagram” using ETAP software.
– ETAP model analysis for load flow, short circuit and engines commissioning studies, sizing the main equipment for electricity distribution systems.
– Cabling network routes drawings preparation.
– “Cable Schedule and Drum List” preparation.
– Preparing tender documents for electrical facilities and distribution systems’ main equipment procurement.
– “Relay Coordination” documentations preparations.
– “Diagram Termination” documentations preparations.
– Producing as-built drawings based on construction drawings.
Procurement engineering services:
– Checking electricity distribution, wiring, main equipment, and electrical facilities equipment tender documentation of bidders.
– Ultimate technical bid evaluation of bidders.
– Assisting procurement department in transactions commissions and finalizing the manufacturers.
– Checking manufacturers documentations and presenting offering technical comments throughout the entire equipment manufacturing processes.
– Technical inspection of electrical equipment services.
– Checking manufacturers’ quality control plan and offering constructive feedbacks.
– Technical inspection of electricity distribution systems, cabling and electrical facilities equipment based on the approved quality control plan.
– Final inspection to provide transport permit once the corrective comments are incorporated.
Design Review Services:
– Collecting and compiling required data for design during site visit.
– Assisting in inspection and engineering workshop to resolve manufacturing, installation and commissioning issues.